OC Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Resort (Group 2)

Go down 
+6
Sayuri
Ethril
Thunder
Ciel
Kimmy
OC--Academy Staff
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimmy

Kimmy

Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:55 am

Kimmy was pretty tired and fell asleep after a while.

(( Poor tired little Kimmy. ;u; ))
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:56 am

Quote :
嵐小百合
It took some will-power for Sayuri to keep from laughing as she thought back to class. She had a distinct memory of lapping him regularly during runs. She'd always been athletic and so gym was one of her favorite classes, on days she had the class she could skip her morning run and so she looked forward to them.

"Ah, yeah, that probably was you then,"

Students were moving about the coach, someone had come to ease Ethril's nerves. Sayuri could sympathize at least a little bit, she felt the same way whenever she was exposed to magic - which she hadn't even thought existed until just recently.

When Ethril flexed her wings Sayuri couldn't help, but stare.

"That's amazing," she said, forgetting herself for a moment

Ciel grunted and blushed at Ethril's comment. "Peut-être.. But that's fine... I don't mind getting help." He could smile then. "But yes. I've only met one other person with pink hair, and hers is dyed that way...."

He remembered to defend himself in front of the other girl then. "And I'm not so un-athletic! I just don't run well. They say I can't use any wind during class, so I'm slowed down considerably. I don't have much running practice. I'll stick to my flying thanks," he grumbled. He scooted over a bit to accommodate Ethril.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/landiddy
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 am

Ethril couldn't help but giggle at Ciel's attempt to defend himself. She'd been told not to use her own magic as well during PE. Then again she didn't need it. Growing up in the southern clan had toughed her up enough to be able to do things physically. She was also used to three years of adventuring so she could run for hours if need be.

Ethril blushed slightly at Sayuri's comment. "I-It's not that amazing." Ethril stammered. She was a dragon from a world with lots of other dragons. Wings were a common enough thing for her. She still couldn't figure out why people thought her wings were so amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 am

嵐小百合
Sayuri shifted her attention back to Ciel when he spoke.

"I had a pink streak in my hair until just a few days ago," she said, looking at the yellow she now sported.

She smiled when he defended his athletic ability.

"You can fly too? What's it like?" she asked, now intensely interested. "Sorry," she apologized. "I'm human, I actually didn't believe in magic until coming here. Where I'm from it just doesn't exist. I've only ever flown in an airplane. It's like this coach, except it flies hundreds of miles an hour over the clouds," she wasn't sure if they would know what an airplane was, so she figured she'd cover her bases.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 am

"It's not amazing," Ciel said mockingly. "Okay, mon cher. You're completely run-of-the-mill." He rolled his eyes at her modesty.

"And it's quite fine," he said addressing Sayuri again. "I can fly too, yes. I've been giving quite a few rides even. You're welcome to one later if you want. What's it like?? .... It's like... Well I don't know how to describe it really... And as for airplanes... I haven't been in one. My host family used to say that they were quite the way to travel though."
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:14 am

嵐小百合
"I guess planes are a pretty neat way to travel, but it's very highly regulated, so it's a pain in the ass. You have to show up at the airport maybe 3-4 hours before your plane is scheduled to take off in order to make your flight. Security is very tight. she said. Sayuri wasn't a fan of the process that it took to get anywhere by plane. By the time you were done it had eaten your whole day and the next thing you knew you were so tired you were dead on your feet.

"You'd really take me flying?" Sayuri asked. Her eyes lit up at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 am

Ethril stuck her tongue out at Ciel. Up until a few years ago she'd considered herself very ordinary. It wasn't her fault she was the way she was. It wasn't her fault she was a light dragon. "I'm just a dragon, that's not special." Ethril hmphed softly. There were lots of dragons in her world.

Ethril was quiet as Ciel and Sayuri talked about airplanes. She'd seen a few of course, while she'd been out flying, but she'd been careful to avoid them. Those metal contraptions had made way to much noise for her taste. And besides, what was she supposed to say?
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:21 am

He eyed Ethril cheekily. "Just a Dragon. Just a light Dragon. There are just sooo many, right?" He shook his head. "I suppose I can't change the way you look at it."

Ciel smiled at Sayuri, a chuckled escaping him. "Of course I'll take you! Everyone should at least get the chance to try it out, I think.. If anything, it'll scare you, and we can just stop then. Most people really like it!"
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 am

嵐小百合
Sayuri kept quiet. Smirking as the two talked about Ethril's world. She was absolutely floored with the fact that Ethril was a dragon, but she kept her very human amazement to a minimum, instead choosing to listen to the two of them bicker.

When Ciel turned back to her and began to talk about flying she grinned.

"It would depend, I dance ballet, so I'm used to lifts and in general being off the ground. But if there was a chance of accidentally being dropped, then I'd be scared,"

She'd been dropped by partners before, granted no more than a six or seven foot drop at the most, falling was always frightening for the milliseconds it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 am

"M-ma!" Ciel's mouth fell open in shock. "I'd never drop you! I promise, I'm really not so unathletic! I just don't run well, dear, honestly!"

He felt his bangs fall into his face from the excitement and sighed. Pushing back at them angrily, he managed to keep them in place.

"Really. I've never dropped anyone. There is no chance of such a failure! In this one aspect, I am absolutely flawless."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:33 am

Ethril shivered as she remembered her first time flying. Tradition was that young dragons were taken to the highest point outside of the city and were 'gently' pushed off. There were always adults on stand by to catch any young dragons who didn't open their wings in time, but that first fall was always the scariest. She'd grown out of that fright, just as most dragons did.

"Dancing is pretty neat." Ethril commented with a smile. "Being able to dance to the music is such a wonderful talent." She herself had never learned how to dance beyond the simple waltz with a partner. She simply didn't have a musical talent and that translated into a lack of tempo for dancing.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am

嵐小百合
"Well, if there's no chance of me being dropped then I think my nerves would be able to handle flying," she said, smiling.

"I grew up dancing," she said, and reached into her bag pulling out her very beat-up pointe shoes. "I usually dance on my way to school actually, which is why these are so filthy. I have a different pair for classes and performances,"

Just then, Sayuri's stomach growled loudly. She blushed furiously and began to dig through her bag, pulling out a plastic bag of sliced apples.

"Would you like some? she asked, holding out the bag as she munched on a slice.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 am

Ciel nudged at the golden girl next to him. "If you want to learn, I can teach you, mon cher. I know more than just Fair dances!" He smiled at her. "And I think I'm fairly good at it, too, no?"

He remembered taking her back to his home earlier that week. She'd seen him and Patrick dance so that she would be allowed into the magical cove. Sure, it wasn't what most people thought of when they heard the word "dancing," but he wasn't restricted to just that.

"I'll have to take you then!" Ciel saw the apples offered to him then and smiled. "No thank you, mon cher. Apples are my least favorite of fruits. They just don't compare to my luscious strawberries," he added with a dazed smile.

Last edited by Ciel on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 am

"I-I'm no good at dancing." Ethril said with a strong blush. Paws were not easy to dance on and her tail always got in the way when she had tried to learn in the past. And then what about her wings? She always bumped into other people and things with her wings when she'd tried to dance in the past. Ethril would just stick to combat. She'd never be able to dance like Ciel had that one day with Patrick; they had been amazing.

Ethril looked at the apple slices with a tilt of her head and then delicately pulled one out between her fingers. She munched on it for a moment and then smiled. Usually Ethril was hesitant about accepting food from others, a habit she'd picked up during her years of adventuring. You never knew what people might have done to food. After she'd finished with her apple Ethril reached into her enchanted shoulder bag. Her arm went in a bit farther then you'd expect and when she pulled her arm out she was holding two things. One was a plastic container with 5 strawberries for Ciel and the other was a lollipop that Fascino had given her. The lollipop was a specially made honey pop. "Do you want one?" Ethril asked Sayuri as she unwrapped the honey pop. She handed the strawberries over to Ciel.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:52 am

"Maaaaa~~" Ciel happily took the tiny container of strawberries that were offered to him. "Thank you, mon cher!" He joyously popped one in his mouth before asking his question. "What prompted you to bring these? ..... Good job on the number too, love," he said, red tinting his cheeks. "I suppose a stomach ache would ruin the trip."

He popped the second one and took his time to eat it. "And as for dancing-- I'm teaching you. You can get over your embarrassment."
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 am

嵐小百合
Sayuri raised an eyebrow when Ciel said he didn't like apples. How could someone not like apples?

She listened to Ethril mention that she couldn't dance and was about to offer to teach her, but Ciel got to it first. She smiled as he tried to allay her worries.

"I'd love one," she said, taking the candy from Ethril.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 am

Sayuri Arashi wrote:
嵐小百合
Sayuri raised an eyebrow when Ciel said he didn't like apples. How could someone not like apples?

She listened to Ethril mention that she couldn't dance and was about to offer to teach her, but Ciel got to it first. She smiled as he tried to allay her worries.

"I'd love one," she said, taking the candy from Ethril.

((Pfft... I apologize XD maybe they can take turns or do it together or something. Or Ciel and Sayuri can dance together XD idk. We actually thought you'd left))
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 am

Ethril handed one of her honey pops over to Sayuri. Ethril stuck her honey pop into her mouth and shivered. It wasn't enough honey to do anything to her really, but she enjoyed it all the same. She closed her eyes and smiled as she enjoyed the honey flavor. She took a moment though to reply to Ciel. "I guess it wouldn't hurt anything if you taught me..." Ethril said softly. Maybe now that she was older and less...unbalanced she'd have an easier time learning how to dance.

"So...any idea what and where we're going?" Ethril openly asked. Fascino had only told her to pack warm clothes. And of course her idea of warm clothes meant her heavy winter gear. She was not going to freeze, she hated being cold! Judging by Fascino's clothes she'd been accurate in packing her heavy fur cloak.

Last edited by Ethril on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 am

((No worries, I have my email notifying me when there are posts, sometimes it's a little late, but that would be an interesting thread))
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:10 am

嵐小百合
"Hopefully we're going skiing. One of the teachers let me bring my ski stuff, so who knows. If it's something boring like studying weather though I'm going to be pissed. I can study snow from home," she said, her good nature contrasting the words.

When she had asked one of the teachers what the trip was going to be she was told it would be a winter resort. So she assumed there'd be skiing and hot springs, and thus she'd planned out her attire accordingly. If the trip was something else she was going to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 am

"Skiing?" Ciel's breath caught for a second. He hadn't properly enjoyed the snow in years. It was different at his tiny size. Snow was something they tried to avoid unless it was just a little bit that they had at home. Now that he was usually much larger, he was rather excited.

"Ma! I haven't handled snow in years!" he gasped. "I hope we do get to play in it!" He was told to pack properly for cold weather. It seemed plausible that they'd be heading somewhere to enjoy the new winter chill.

"I really do hope we aren't just studying it," he said with a frown. "I know enough about weather as it is."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:20 am

Ethril paled slightly and reached into her bag for her cloak. She partially pulled out her heavy fur cloak just to make sure she had it. "Snow...cold..." her wings unconsciously shivered and she was tempted to pull out the cloak just to hide under it. Just the idea of being cold made her cold.

Ethril popped her honey pop back into her mouth and sucked on it to distract herself. She wasn't actually cold, it was all just in her head. The taste of honey on her tongue distracted her and she forgot about the weather. "I think I'll be hiding next to a fire most of the trip if that's the case." Ethril said with a content sigh. Yes, fire was good. She'd grown up in a desert after all, and most of the year the desert was a very hot place to be. The few months where it was cold was enough to send most of the fire dragons into hibernation.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 am

嵐小百合

"I love the snow, my mum and I always go skiing," Sayuri was careful not to think to much harder about her family and snow. She hadn't really been able to play in the snow since her brother died. As it was she used skiing to forget about the loss, she'd take the hardest trails she could find at breakneck speed.

The difference between Ciel's and Ethril's reactions to snow made Sayuri giggle.

"I wouldn't worry too much about the cold Ethril, most winter resorts have hot springs, the water says hot even with all of the snow around you outside. And even when you get out, you're still warm for quite some time,"
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:29 am

Ciel furrowed his brow at Ethril's reaction. "Do you not like the snow, dear?" He was still eating his strawberries, so he thought maybe he'd missed something. "Are you not a cold weather person?"

It would make sense. She'd told him that they couldn't even grow strawberries where she was from. It sounded like a barren place. Maybe they didn't get snow much, and as a result, her people just had an aversion to it.

"I don't mind sitting in with you some. Too much snow can be bad, after all." He smiled at her as a thought occurred to him. "Maybe we can enjoy the hot springs together! ... with clothes and other people of course," he added, turning a bit pink, having remembered that most people went in naked or hardly clothed at all. "I'm no heathen."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 am

"I grew up in a desert." Ethril said with a laugh. "The Southern clan is known for being primarily made of up fire dragons. We get snow once a year and it only lasts for a day. It does get really cold though in the winter..." She was used to warm, dry weather. Snow was just a some times thing. "I like snow fine, as long as I'm not cold." She pulled out her heavy fur cloak to show Sayuri and Ciel.

The cloak was a creme white. The outside was made up of mole skin and then on the inside there was satin. Fur lined the hem and there was a deep heavy hood. "I'll be fine in this. It's big enough to cover my wings too."

Ethril blushed at Ciel's comment. She'd packed her bathing suit, Fascino had made sure of that. "Yes I suppose people do go in with clothes here don't they?" Back home if people were modest they just wrapped a towel around themselves. Most of the time clothes were not required for hot springs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Resort (Group 2)   Winter Resort (Group 2) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Resort (Group 2)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next