OC Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic 101 - Elemental testing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ethril

Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 pm

"Sometimes it does, it just means you can naturally manipulate multiple elements." Ethril said as she watched. "But usually one is stronger then the others. I'm aligned with light but thanks to my dad's side of the family I have basic control over most of the other elements." She looked over at Ciel. "Ciel can control multiple elements too, but his natural alignment is air."
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:46 pm

"but they're all so dim... it could barely light up my finger tip..." she said as the fire flickered on. The fire was even harder to see then the rest of them, since it already produced its own light. Frowning, she placed it back on the stand. three more... the two orbs, and the water.
She pulled up the shining white orb. Its smooth surface caressed her hands as she closed her eyes. She focused her thoughts on the little ball in her hands as much as she could. She then cautiously opened her eyes.
"Ow!" she said, instantly closing them. Kitty rubbed her eyes with her arm, since her hands were occupied. "I think I found it..." The bright light had surprised her, and as she opened her eyes again she saw tiny arcs of lightning traveling from the dark orb, creating a gentle cracking sound.
"is it supposed to do that?" she inquired, placing the orb down next to its comrade. It stopped connecting, but she could have sworn she heard a small fizz right before she let go.

( I feel like I'm making her a mary sue D': !!!! nooo!!! especially what shes going to do next.... TT____TT )
Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Ethril sighed when the crystal barely lit up for Kitty when she focused on the candle. "Have to elliminate everything before you find your element." Ethril said with a shrug. Not everyone could be like her, knowing what your element was naturally. She was a light Dragon after all, so it was easy for her to know that her element would be light.

Ethril's second eyelids closed to shield her eyes from the bright light that shone from the crystal. "See! I knew you would." Ethril said happily as she blinked a couple times.

She watched as the arcs of light reach for the dark orb. "Light is always attracted to dark. It always searches for it." She said with a shrug. "You can't have light with dark and dark would not exist with light." It's something she'd been taught since she was very young. Light dragons had originally been born along side dark dragons. The first light dragon and first dark dragon had been siblings.
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Chupas

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:26 pm

(Meanwhile~)
Will took the extra crystal and walked over to the table. Quietly he thinks about what things he likes and immediately thought of quiet breezes. Just thinking about wind makes Will's shoulders relax. With confidence Will picks up the feather and sure enough the crystal starts to shine with a happy seeming light. To make sure, Will goes through and picks up the others as well, one by one, determining that water and dark glow, ever so slightly. "What?! Why'd the dark orb glow?!" Will says, panicking a little. "I'm not eeeevil~! Tell me it isn't true!"
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Kitty listened as Ethril explained the lightning.
"I'm not eeeevil~! Tell me it isn't true!"
She rolled her eyes and dipped her hand in the water. She was curious to see if anything else glowed. The shine from the light orb was so pretty. Kitty concentrated on the water, and only the water as she closed her eyes. As she peered at the crystal, the same meager light dimly outlining the crystal. Flicking her hand, she pulled it out of the water and reached for the dark orb. The mist twisted around inside at her touch. Closing her eyes once again, she imagined the little orb in her hand, with the smoke churning inside of it. Darkness instantly enclosed her thoughts, and the sudden feeling that possessed forced her to open her eyes in a panic. The crystal had given off a eerie black glow, engulfing her fingers in a silvery darkness.
"AAAAAAAAAH!"
The crystal clattered as it landed on the smooth table, while the orb fell, clashing with the floor.

Kitty was found quivering on the floor, hands masking her face covered in hot tears.

Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 am

Kitty's cry from the other side of the room was enough to tear Ciel away from his happily nodding-off thoughts. She sounded all too distressed, and when he looked up, he couldn't find her. True enough, they weren't the best of friends, or acquaintances even, but he didn't wish harm on anyone.

He looked around trying to find her, but he couldn't see her anywhere. He saw Ethril over by where she'd come to sit down, and he thought... maybe she'd fallen?

Ciel was all too surprised when he walked over though, finding her shaking on the floor with tears leaking out from under her hands. He knew it was a stupid question to ask as he crouched down, taking note of the dark orb that had rolled some distance away. Still, he asked it anyway.

"Are you.. alright?" He didn't exactly know what what happened since he'd been daydreaming most of the time, but seeing the dark orb and Kitty's obvious pain and discomfort, he could piece it together.

((this class is so dead D: I thought I would at least TRY to get it going again.))
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/landiddy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic 101 - Elemental testing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OC Academy :: Classrooms :: Magic-
Jump to: