OC Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combat Club - first meeting

Go down 
+2
Kitty
Ethril
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ciel

Ciel

Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

((fafsadfsdafasdf I need something to be happening Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 Cielsleepy-plz))

Ciel watched, a bit intrigued when Rosemary picked up such a large bow. He figured she knew her limits though and waited for her to attempt a mark.

"Is that proper?" he asked his tiny group anyway. "Patrick's an archer, but he uses a much smaller set in relation to his own size. I never thought to ask though."
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/landiddy
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Jay waited as Rosemary lifted the bow. He was a bit surprised. He wouldn't have thought that she knew how to use one.

He tilted his head, confused, at Ciel's comment. "Patrick? Is he a student? He should join if he is."
Back to top Go down
http://lonewolf325.deviantart.com/
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Ciel popped a brow at Jay's question. "Do you.. not know of Patrick?" He laughed at himself, a bit embarrassed. "M-ma... Well, he's a boyfriend! He stays back home of course, so no, he doesn't go here."

He leaned back onto the bleachers behind him so that he cold slouch a bit. "He does come around sometimes though! I'm actually surprised I haven't mentioned him to you before... But yes! He's an archer-- light arrows all the way."

Last edited by Ciel on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Jay raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise. He wasn't expecting that for an answer. He also found it odd that Ciel had mentioned it in front of Ethril, but he figured she had known the whole time since there wasn't much of a reaction from her at Ciel mentioning the word "boyfriend". But Jay shrugged it off. He knew people had their own ways and reasons. "Ahh, ok! And nope, you've never mentioned him. I guess it's just not somethin' that has come up in our conversation." He chuckled a bit.

His eyes became wide at the mention of the light arrows. "They really exist?? Ahh man, that's awesome. They repel evil and drive out the darkness??"

"But if he does visit, he should come and give a lesson or somethin', that'd be a interesting club day."
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Ciel had to stifle his giggles at Jay's enthusiasm. "I don't know about repelling evil-- unless you consider all dark creatures evil that is. As far as I can see... it makes them a lot faster, and more accurate... I suppose they could drive out darkness, but I haven't seen it really."

"I don't know how he'd feel about giving lessons," he snickered. "He already has problems teaching Ethril after all."
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:04 pm

"Well, that's still pretty sweet! They probably look so freaking cool when they fly in the air and hit things." He thought for a moment, "Though, I am probably wrong since all my imagery for it is based off of video games." He laughed at himself, slightly embarrassed to admit that.

Jay glanced over at Ethril then back to Ciel and chuckled, "What happened? Why were there problems?"
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 pm

"Like Zelda, you mean?" Ciel asked, smirking. "They look just like that. I swear it! They're faster, of course, and they don't only glow at the tip-- but it's mostly right!"

He tugged at one of his curls when he heard Jay's next question. He hadn't actually been there, so all he had to go on was what Patrick told him. "I don't think there were problems... He just thinks he's a bad teacher... right?" he asked, turning to Ethril.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Ethril wasn't completely paying attention while Ciel and Jay talked to each other. She was relaxing and trying to ignore the now obvious pains in her tail and arms. Before she'd had enough of an adrenaline rush going that she could ignore the pain, now though she was feeling every inch.

Her ears twitched when she heard Ciel talk towards her. She had to think for a second to remember what it was they were talking about. "Patrick's a great teacher honestly. I've been learning light magic really quickly with him." Ethril didn't even have to focus much now to create a protection barrier. "I'm not quite at light arrows yet; we're still working on defensive and passive spells."

She groaned softly as she sat up. Ethril picked up one of the ice packs and set it down on Jay's head. He must be hurting pretty bad too. The others she put back on her tail. "But yeah, he thinks he's a bad teacher. Whenever he starts to berate himself I just remind him of my old master and that tends to perk him back up."
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:38 am

Ciel shrugged, still waiting for Rosemary to take her first shot. "Don't be too surprised if he doesn't teach you, dearest. Tricks are things you learn by yourself after all... Though I'm sure he'd at least show you how to imbue things properly. You could probably figure it out."

He smiled then and patted Ethril softly on the shoulder. "Kudos keeping him positive though. Once he's down, it takes a lot to get him going again. You're gifted if you can do it in one attempt."
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 am

"I can only imagine how difficult it is to control power like that." Jay thought aloud only to then chuckle to himself, a bit embarrassed, recalling loosing control of his own power. "You're still training under him?"

Jay felt cold hit his head only to see that Ethril had put the ice pack there for him. He laughed and thanked her. He put it down on his ankle. His whole body was a bit sore but wanted to try get rid of that limp as fast as he could.

Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am

Rosemary looked at the large bow. Yes it was pretty big, but she didn't think it mattered. She can shoot with any bow. Rosemary poked the string on the bow. It wasn't very stiff, thankfully. She chose an arrow with a green feather at the end, to match her eyes.

She held the bow in her left hand, the hand opposite of her dominant eye. She saw which target to shoot for, and she stared at the bulls-eye mark. She closed her eyes, and in her mind's eye, she imagined the bow hitting the bulls-eye. Rosemary walked to the shooting line, and stood perpendicular to the target and the shooting line. She put her feet shoulder-width apart. She put her right foot 6inches behind her left foot. She connected the arrow with the bow, making the back of the arrow touch the bowstring.

Rosemary held the arrow and bowstring with three fingers, her index finger above the arrow and the rest under. She raised the bow, and let her string hand get closer to her face. Her "anchor point" was on her chin. She hoped that her right elbow was perpendicular to the ground. If it was, she was in the right stance.

She held the bow like that for a few seconds, while keeping her eyes on the bulls-eye mark on the target. She closed her eyes yet again, imagining the bow hitting the bulls-eye. She then let her fingers on the arrow relax, letting the arrow free from the bow. Her eyes were still closed, but then she heard a sound. The arrow did hit the target, but it wasn't right on the Bulls-eye. It was at least a few inches away. But it was still a good shot.

Rosemary didn't think so. Her shoulders slumped. She went over to the target, grabbed the arrow, and carelessly put them back where she found them. She walked over to the bleachers, found a spot where she could sit alone where no one else was, and sat down. She put her elbows on her leg and buried her hands in her face. Maybe picking such a large bow wasn't such a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:23 am

(also, if the string wasnt stiff, the chances of getting a good shot arent very good)
Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:24 am

Jay watched as Rosemary was adjusting her stance by the shooting line. She really did look like she knew what she was doing. Jay never had experience with a bow and this looked challenging. As she released the arrow, it hit, so close to bulls eye and Jay's eyes became wider. It was pretty amazing. But he noticed Rosemary slouch as she went to get the arrow and put everything away. 'She's done already?' he thought to himself. Jay looked to Ciel and Ethril confused. He didn't understand why she looked so sad.

Sitting so far away, Jay wasn't ready to move to go ask what was wrong. His body was still too sore to get up and climb a bunch of stairs on the bleachers.

"Hey! Rosemary, come join us over here" He said a bit loud, making sure she heard.
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 am

She heard someone calling her name. She took her face out of her hands and saw Jay. She sighed as she walked over to where he sat, on the floor. She sat next to him, trying to hide her disappointed face. She was extremely hard on herself; one mistake and she considered herself a failure.

Last edited by Azu-Nyaa on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

((feel free to just say Ciel is translating or whatever if she doesn't have paper or something.))
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 am

((Jay is on the floor lol, wasnt sure if you knew.))

Jay saw her begrudgingly move towards where he and the others sat. He was thankful Ciel was there, he didn't know sign language and he didn't have a pen or piece of paper on him. He grunted in slight discomfort as he shifted his body from a slouching to more of a sitting position. He moved the ice pack from his ankle to rest between the bleacher and his bare back. It was a slight relief.

"What's up, why are ya so down all of a sudden?" Jay asked curiously, "It's not about the whole target thing, is it?"
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

Rosemary rolled her eyes angrily. She shook her head. Her facial expression changed from anger to sadness and disappointment. She looked at Ciel, and he was ready to translate.

"I am just very disappointed. I didn't the bulls-eye. It was pretty embarrassing." Ciel translated.

Rosemary brought her legs up to her chest and put her head between her knees.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 am

Jay nodded as Ciel translated for him. "It wasn't embarrassing, if I was up there, I would've hit someone in the head" Jay said with a chuckle, "You almost got a bulls-eye, no one is perfect. Ya just need some more practice is all. Nothin' wrong with that. Look at what happened with me, that is embarrassing." He laughed at himself. "Can't just give up after the first time something doesn't go your way, gotta keep at it to get better."

He sighed, closing his eyes, recalling all the times he felt like quitting when he was younger. He always had his brother to pick him back up again and give him the motivation to keep going. He smiled at the thought. "I'm sure you'll hit it dead on if you keep at it."
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:41 am

Rosemary nodded. Practice. Bleh, she hated that word. She remembered the times her grandma made her go to the backyard and practice for a few hours. Luckily, her grandma made it fun. But still, practicing didn't appeal to her.

Then Rosemary remembered what happened while Jay and Ethril were fighting.

Rosemary made sure Ciel was paying attention. She signed.

"Are you okay? You..... transformed? Was that some kind of magic or what?" Ciel translated.

Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 am

Jay laughed at the word 'Magic' and shook his head. "Nothing magically about that. It's just something I can do whenever I want. But in this situation, it was like a natural reflex that I can't control until I am of a certain age. If my body thinks I am overpowered and about to die, this beast automatically takes over that I can't control.I black out. It's happened a few times in the past. When I transform freely, I am fine and in control." He laughed at himself, "I was stupid and should of mentioned something, but where would be the fun in that? The fight wouldn't of been fair."
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 am

Rosemary nodded. She signed again.

"Are you okay though?" She heard Ciel say, but she kept eye contact with Jay.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 am

"Yeah, yeah I am fine, dont worry, that wasn't the worst thing I've ever been through" He laughed. "I'm just a bit sore and my ankle is kind of messed up, but it's whatever, I heal faster than normal. I'll be good in two days. I have high pain tolerance." He shrugged "I'm used to it"
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:39 am

Rosemary gave him a concerned look. He did seem pretty sure that he was going to get better soon though, so she nodded.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

He chuckled "I am fine, really."

It was getting quiet in the gym. The hums of hushed tones between the others were the only things that echoed in the room. Jay looked around and spotted Garon, staring out at the gym floor and the equipment.

"Hey, Garon! Didn't you wanna go? Show us whatcha got." He didn't know what to expect from Garon or what he specialized in. "No pressure." Jay said with a chuckle.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Garon grinned but shook his head.
"Naw, Im waiting for the other kid to go. besides, who would I fight against?" He didnt think Ethril was up to another fight, nor Jay.
Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Club - first meeting
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4