OC Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combat Club - first meeting

Go down 
+2
Kitty
Ethril
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:15 pm

"that sounds very interesting. what weapons do you use?"
Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 pm

"Well, daggers are my favorite, but I've used fighting sticks often enough also. What are some that you like using?" Jay asked, tilting his head a bit. "I wanna try a bunch of new ones"

Back to top Go down
http://lonewolf325.deviantart.com/
Leon1

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:43 am

Lex felt a bit out of place in this group. Most people used weapons for combat and he was only fond of using his own skills and physical combat as defense.

"So what are we doing right now anyway?" Lex asked.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 am

Garon thought for a moment.
"Hmm, well, I don't really use weapons all that much. If I did, it would be a sword, but I prefer to use my own strength rather than steel or wood"
He looked around to see if the meeting had started yet. "Do you know when were actually going to start?" he asked
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:59 am

"Yes! I agree! I prefer my own strength too, but I think learning how to use weapons could be useful also. Better be prepared with what ever they throw atcha."

Jay also looked around "I dunno man, probs soon. Maybe we're waitin' on some more people."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Ethril looked around one more time before sighing. It would seem that Thunder was going to be late. She shrugged to herself and then turned to face her new club members. "Well I guess we can get started!" Ethril said happily. "Welcome everyone to the first Combat Club meeting!" She grinned excitedly.

"So the headmaster...principle...guy gave me some ground rules." Ethril said as she pulled out a slip of paper from her shorts pocket. "We can only use practice weapons, no destroying parts of the school, no trying to kill each other, and have a first aid kit on hand at all times." She said as she read through the list. She shrugged and put the paper away.

She tapped her chin. What was she supposed to do next? She'd never run a club before or anything like this. "I guess most of us know each other so we can just jump right in. I've set up some targets over there along with some padded arrows and some bows," Ethril said pointing to one side of the gym. "And I've set up a couple sparing mats and practice weapons over there. Who wants to go first and show off what they know?" Ethril asked with a big grin, her fists against her hips.
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Jay focused his attention at Ethril as she began the meeting. He chuckled as she mentioned the rules given out by the principal. They were reasonable but also just self explanatory. Looks like we're gonna go at it then... he thought as Ethril finished.

Jay looked around at the other members, seeing no one wanted to volunteer. He really didn't know what to expect. But He raised his hand a bit, stepping forward a little. "I'll give it a go." Jay said with a small smile. Ethril looked like she really knew what she was doing and was well trained and it intimidated him a bit. He wasn't stressing though, knowing it was going to be fun.

"What did you wanna start off with?" he asked tilting his head a little. He didn't have to much experience with all the weapons and was hoping she didn't start there.
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:30 am

Rosemary looked at the direction of where the archery equipment was. Her eyes glistened with excitement. When Jay was done doing whatever he was going to do, she would show off her archery skills.

Oh how she loved showing off.
Back to top Go down
Leon1

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Lex wasn't nervous at all. He had a lot of experiance with weapons.

"I guess I'll go whenever." Lex said.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Garon smiled at all the students perking up.
"It seems we're all very enthusiastic. I'll go last then."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

Ethril grinned once everyone had decided when they'd go. She stretched out her arms in front of her as she turned to Jay. "You said you prefer hand to hand right?" She went over to her bag and reached in. She pulled out two metal and leather clamps which she then used to fold and hold her wings closed.

"Well then let's spar." With her wings firmly clamped shut she wouldn't be tempted to use them in a fight. She couldn't do much about her tail, she needed it for balance. Ethril went over to one of the sparing mats and waved her tail back and forth in excitement.

"You guys can do whatever you want while Jay and I spar." Ethril called back to the others with a grin. There was a second sparing mat after all and there were the targets with the bows and arrows. She didn't want anyone getting bored.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Jay gave a toothy grin as he headed over to the mat. He didn't know what to expect and he wasn't sure how serious this was going to get.

He took a deep breath as he positioned himself in front of her on the mat
"How will we know when it's over? Tapping out? or till one of us just cant go on?" Jay said with a bit of a chuckle.

"Or are we just blocking till someone gets close?"

Jay stretched his arms over his head "Whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Ciel frowned to himself when he watched Ethril walk off. Separation or not, he still had issues with her 'fighting' people. And it was Jay. He bristled at the thought before grabbing at his bag again. The best thing to do until the meeting was over was for him to just find some work that needed completing.

((i.e. I'm out! Until the end or specifically called upon. Not sposed to be here anyway lol))
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/landiddy
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

Garon grinned. He was excited, and he didnt get exited often. What would the turnout of this unusual match be?
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 am

"I'm not sure what normal sparing rules are for you," Ethril said as she tested the clamps on her wings. She stretched out her arms in front of her. "How about this: fall off the mat you lose, get pinned down for 5 seconds you lose, and of course you can always give up." She was excited about this, now she'd get to show off her skills against an actual opponent...without actually fighting for her life.

Ethril bent her knees a little when Jay stretched. She went through most of her beginning routines mentally to decide on what to start with. Being smaller she had the advantage of maneuverability and speed. Her tail negated any distance advantage that Jay might have over her.

'Might as well start off simple and work up from there.' Ethril thought as she lightly pushed off the mat to charge at Jay. She clenched her hand into a fist and aimed to punch him in the gut, using her center of balance to put force behind the swing.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Jay saw her tail swinning like a whip from side to side. I better keep an eye on that... he thought.

He readied him as Ethril charged at him. Seeing her fist, he blocked it with the palm of his hand, pushing it to the side a bit, changing the direction of he attack. There was a a good amount of force behind her punch, and though he blocked, it pushed him back a inch Damn he thought. While blocking her attack, he gently pushed her shoulder back with his other hand, trying to set her off balance a bit. Jay took a wide swing to her side right after.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Ethril grinned when he blocked her first obvious punch. She was glad to see that the block though had pushed him back a little. She let herself get pushed a little and used that small amount of swing to spin back and away from the oncoming attack. She felt his fist skim her side and she took note of that. Jay would have the advantage if she were to continue fighting close to him.

Mid spin she brought her tail up and aimed to slam it against his hip. She used the back part of her tail so that she didn't risk the spade tip of her tail hardening and sharpening. Her tail came around quickly, the weight of it helping her to stop the spin.

"Not bad." Ethril said with a grin as she crouched down and put a hand against the ground. The other hand she lifted and flexed the fingers. "How about you try attacking me now?" Her eyes glimmered in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Jay swung his legs up, jumping, trying his best to avoid her tail. He didn't have time to block with his legs and risk an injury so early on. The back of his right calf got clipped though while he jumped. "Damn" he said with a sly grin as he landed on his feet. 'I knew that was gonna happen at some point. This wont be easy. I just gotta stay in control...' He silently ranted to himself, trying to organize his strategies.

"Not bad yourself, I am impressed so far."

Meeting her gaze, he accepted Ethril's challenge. Taking a deep breath, he charged. He was faster than a human, but he had a feeling she was just as quick. He took a swing at her head, but at the last minute pulled back, crouching a bit, swinging his legs under her, attempting to knock her down.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:13 pm

"Oh you've seen nothing yet," Ethril said with a giggle. She watched, still crouching against the ground, as Jay charged at her. Her eyes weren't on his fist, they were on his stomach and hips. His attack was too obvious, too clean. Attacking straight at her head seemed too simple. Her guess was right as she watched his muscles bunch up in a partial crouch.

She giggled again as she jumped up and forward, springing up from her crouch to jump up over the legs that had been aimed at her. She grabbed one of his legs and pulled at it, using it to propel herself at Jay. She tilted her head down, aiming to headbutt him in the chest or stomach, which ever area came first.

Ethril didn't get as much momentum as she would have desired from her jump and from pulling Jay's leg. But if nothing else, it would at least throw his balance off. Even if she didn't get him with the headbutt, she'd at least toss herself up and over Jay. The down side to this though, is if he recovered he'd be able to land a punch or two at her exposed torso and sides.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Jay laughed to himself, things were going according to plan. He figured that she would avoid his kick. She wasn't dumb, she also had training under her belt. But what he didn't plan on was her grabbing his leg. He wobbled a bit but used it to his advantage. As she propelled to him, he dodged, pivoting with the leg on the ground and attempting to kick at her exposed side with the leg she had grabbed.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Ethril made an 'oof' sound as his leg connected squarely with her side, throwing her away from her planned path. She rolled on the ground, grateful for the wing clamps that kept her wings safe from such a maneuver. She rolled to a stop inches from the edge of the mat and went back to crouching.

Her smile was gone and her tail was moving very slowly back and forth behind her. Ethril's eyes were sharp as she watched each and every movement that Jay made. Finally, slowly, she stood up and stretched her arms out in front of her. She tilted her head one way and then another before she ran at Jay again.

Right before she entered arm's length from him, she jumped into the air and spun once. She brought her leg down, aiming for his shoulder. She didn't kick him, instead she landed on the shoulder and then jumped off from there. She spun again in the air and then landed. She spun low, her leg mimicking the kick that Jay had just tried to pull of moments before, aiming for his ankles.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Jay was concerned that he may have really hurt her, but when Ethril stood up and glared at him, he wasn't so sure if it was a game anymore.

Jay braced himself and leaned back, using his hands to push back her foot as her leg almost hit his shoulder. Jay ignored his throbbing hands and kept his eyes constantly alert. He recognized her formation after she landed and dodged as quickly as he could.

"Shit." he mumbled as he dodged. So much for friendly play. He actually had to step things up a bit. He stayed lowed and aimed for an uppercut at her ribs as she turned back around, trying to slow her down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Ethril came back around from the swing of her legs and had just enough time to see the attack coming at her. She was still low against the ground so she was silent as she jumped up and over the punch. She brought her paws down as hard as she could to slam them at the arm that had been sent in to punch her. She growled softly as she slammed the arm against the ground and jumped again, somersaulting through the air to land several feet away.

Ethril stood up straight and began whipping her tail around her as hard as she could. The movement from her tail caused her body to swing slightly back and forth. The momentum the swinging would cause would give her the chance to dodge in either direction depending on how Jay came at her next.

She lifted a hand and pressed the other against her ribcage. Ethril nodded and grinned slightly, an invitation for Jay to try and attack her again.
Back to top Go down
Jay Iwasaki

Jay Iwasaki

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Missing, he cursed again under his breath. He flung himself backwards twice, barely escaping her paws. Standing up straight, his eyes were glowing a bit. He shook his head once and then looked over at Ethril as she motioned for him to attack again. 'If I don't actually put my all into this, she will kill me' he thought. He was starting to worry that someone might get hurt if he didn't keep his cool.

Jay dashed forward, he was a bit faster than before. As he approached, he kept changing his positions. When he was close enough, he threw a series of punches while bringing his knee up to hit her in the gut.

He then jumped back only to lunge forward again, throwing some more fast punches to her upper body only to crouch after a few throws to try the sweeping motion again with his feet.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Ethril was impressed with the speed and skill that Jay put into his next attacks. She actually had to put a great deal of focus into watching his movements as he came at her. His first punch caught her in the chin and she brought her arms up to block the next ones with her lower arms. When his knee came up she slammed her hands down against it, pushing her body into the air a little to help avoid getting hit.

She felt a little out of breath when he lunged at her again. Ethril blocked as many as she could with her arms, the swaying she'd started with her body earlier helped her dodge a few more. This time when his leg came under to try and knock her back she spun and wrapped her tail firmly around the offending leg.

With a yell, Ethril tightened her tail around his leg and spun, using his own momentum against him to throw him. She winced as she felt and heard her tail pop in a couple places, but she did release Jay until she had him in the air and thrown towards the edge of the mat. If she had judged his weight right, he would go right over the edge.

"I yield." She said after throwing Jay. She was impressed, and she didn't believe either of them needed to go on to prove their abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Club - first meeting   Combat Club - first meeting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Club - first meeting
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next