OC Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic 101 - Elemental testing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ethril

Magic 101 - Elemental testing Empty
PostSubject: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 am

Fascino was standing at the front of his empty classroom, delicately writting out the lesson for the day on the white board just behind his desk. He turned to face the empty classroom onc ehe was done drawing out the circle of elements. He glanced around his classroom to make sure everything was set up correctly.

The lab tables were est up in a semi circle along the room with an intricate runic cricle on the floor at the center to keep any stray magic from leaking out of the room. The last thing he needed was for his students to accidentally curse someone or blow up the school. On each of the tables Fascino had set out 6 objects to represent the elements of earth, fire, air, water, light, and dark. Since everyone technically has a spirit, there was no sense in testing for the spirit element.

Fascino turned off the false light in the room to allow the natural light from outside to illuminate his classroom. "We're all ready now." He said as he went back to his desk and sat down to make some last minute adjustments to some papers he was grading. He looked up when the first bell rang, indicating that classes were about to start. He closed his notebook and sat patiently for his first students to arrive. Today they'd move past the theory and discussoin of magic and move into elemental allignment testing for the hands on part of the class.

(( so yeah, just come in and sit down k? There are stools on the outer side of the tables. If your character knows magic or you want them to know magic just have them come to class ))
Back to top Go down
http://ethril-dragon.deviantart.com/
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Azu came skipping in and plopped herself onto a chair, her chocolate-colored hair flowing along as she moved. "Good morning Mister!" she greeted happily.

She looked around the room. "Too bad Rosemary isn't here," Azu said sadly. "I wonder if she knows magic..."
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Ciel was swift to enter the large room. He took a spot opposite the window and collapsed into his chair. ((>_> I'mma say it's morning XD that's the only way my birthday story makes sense too >_o)) Mornings weren't his favorite, and magic was his first class. Fascino wasn't his favorite person either, and he got the hunch that the feeling was mutual.

"Morning, Master Fascino," he called, setting his bag down. He could at least be cordial to the man. Ethril was living in his house, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/landiddy
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Ethril huffed as she quickly landed in the front lawn of the school and began running for her first class of the day. Her hunt had run longer then she had originally planned but at least she'd gotten her fill of fresh meat. She sighed softly as she skidded through the hall, dodging the other students and faculty until she finally slipped and crashed into the wall just past the magic classroom.

"This floors were not made from dragon feet." She mumbled between curses as she stood up and straightened her long skirt. "Running in this thing is impossible!" Ethril said as she stomped into Fascino's classroom, taking a seat next to Ciel. She was still mumbling draconian curses when she heard Fascino clear his throat from the front of the classroom. Ethril huffed and went silent to calm down.

~

As each student walked in Fascino checked their names off on his attendance. Because he was the only magic teacher for all grade levels and because there weren't many students with the talent for magic, several of the grades shared this class.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 am

Kitty calmly walked into the class room and took a seat near the front.
"I still have five more minutes..." she whispered to no one in particular. She layed her head down on the table and closed her eyes, purring.
Back to top Go down
http://kittykarren.deviantart.com/
Chupas

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 am

Will (the school nurse) was walking along towards his office when he sees the magic class. Immediately he runs into the classroom, takes a seat in the middle and yells out "WOOT MAGIC!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:01 am

Starteled, Kitty jerked her head up and snapped it in the direction of the noise.
"uunngh I thought you were supposed to heal people, not give them heart attacks...." Kitty groaned.
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 am

Azu looked up. "OH HI KITTY!!" she yelled happily. Then the school nurse came in. Azu waved.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:29 am

Kitty looked up again.
"oh, hi. What are you doing here?" Kitty had doubts that Azu had any magical qualities at all, other than somehow managing to find Garon anywhere, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:32 am

Azu looked at her dumbly. "This is magic class. Fascino tested me a few weeks ago and then the crystal glowed!" Azu said excitedly, but vaguely.

Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Ciel frowned at her a bit worriedly when he was awake enough to notice that Ethril had taken the seat next to him. It wasn't bad that she was there at all, but he still felt awful and awkward about everything that had happened over the break. Still, he said his hellos before patting at the top of his table and watching his hands as they did so.

((oooobviously post-our notes RP. OBVIOUSLY a lot happened there, so I can see why this would be weird as hell for him-- I hope you can too ;-; ))
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 pm

"oh. ok then"
Kitty slumped back into her seat.
Back to top Go down
Chupas

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 am

"Sorry for startling you kitty!" Will apologized and blushed, then continued quietly, "Magic~Magic~Magic~<3"
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 am

Fascino looked at the school nurse in surprise when the red haired man came bouncing in. He sighed and reached up to flick his hair back off his shoulder. He had never said other faculty couldn't sit in on his classes. The point was moot though when the second bell rang. Fascino set down his pen and went over to close his classroom door. Anyone who came in from this point would be marked tardy.

"Welcome to magic 101." Fascino said as he went back to his desk where he'd laid out various tools. "Up to this point we have been discussing the theory and history of magic. From this day onward we will be executing hands on practice." He turned to the board to write something down.

"There are 3 main areas of magic. Today we will start learning Element magic; magic based around the use and manipulation of elements." Fascino moved down the board and drew a five pointed star. "There are 5 primary elements and two secondary elements. After that there are a variety of tertiary elements. Today we will be testing for your elemental alignment."

Fascino waved to the objects on his desk, which matched the ones on all the tables. There was a lit candle, some rocks and twigs, a bowl of water, a feather, a glowing orb, and a dark orb. Behind them was a crystal very much like the one he'd used to test Azu. "You will focus on each of the objects in front of you. If the crystal lights up while you are focusing then that is your primary element."

Fascino lifted his hand and a bluish cloud of pollen formed there. "It is possible that your element is from the tertiary grouping. If this is the case the it's primary element will light up. For example if you are an ice elementalist then water will light up." He himself was based in pollen which was a mix of earth and air.

"For those of you that know what your element already is, please assist the students that do not." Fascino released his magic and the pollen faded. "Once you have found out what your element is, we will continue the lesson."
Back to top Go down
Ciel

Ciel

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 am

Ciel frowned at the start of class. He'd just gotten there-- he'd just woken up! Civil though he was, the Sprite wasn't in the mood at all for helping people. If anything, he needed to eat. He knew his main element, he had a decent hold on the rest save for two, maybe three.

A sigh escaped him as Ciel leaned forward, stretching his arms out over the table. He wasn't exactly sure how you helped someone concentrate, but he supposed he could try if they asked. He'd taught enough rowdy teens how to behave; this shouldn't be too hard. "I can help if you need it," he mumbled, standing back up again.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Kitty stared at the objects in front of her. The twigs were shaped oddly, and the slight bulges where other branches of the twigs arched the twigs on the table. The rocks looked pretty ordinary to her. Upon inspection though, she found small black crystals sunken in the surface. She smashed two of them together, but they just made a lound bang. She sighed and put them down.
Fire was a strange element. As she stared at the soft glow, the fire seemed to dance in front of her. Water... She touched the surface gently, and a smooth ripple creased the surface. Feathers... She stroked the individual little strands, then looked closely at the small hooks connecting them. Feathers were always fun to look at. She then directed her direction to the two orbs.
perplexing....
Kitty stared as the smoke clouded around inside the dark orb. The glowing orb was slightly warm, and she liked the feel of it, rolling around in her palm. She rolled it around, letting it bump on her fingers. She smiled as she touched the two orbs together. The made a soft crackling sound.
Picking up the crystal, she twisted it around in her hand. It was smooth, and the edges were crisp, as if recently cut. She closed her eyes and pressed it against her cheek. It was cool and made her feel slightly at ease. Still holding the crystal, Kitty looked up at Fascino.
"This is all very facinating, but I'm not quite clear on how were supposed to 'test our powers' or whatever."
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:19 am

Ethril sighed as she rolled the light orb back and forth on the table top. Each time it passed near the crystal the crystal would light up a little. She was a bit bored; she already knew what her element was and she knew how to focus that power already.

Her ears perked up when she heard Kitty ask a question. "I can help!" Ethril said jumping up to go over to Kitty. She grinned and stood across from Kitty at her table. "So first thing is that the crystal is an indicator, it tells you when you've found your element." Ethril said pointing at the crystal in Kitty's hands. "Hold the crystal in one hand and one of the elements in the other."

Ethril picked up the light orb and then focused her attention on the crystal. The crystal began to glow slightly and Ethril set down the light orb. "Sometimes the element that you're aligned too is the one that you're most attracted too. "Pick an element and then focus your eyes on the crystal. Try to block everything else out except for the element and the crystal. If it's the element you're aligned too the crystal will glow. If it doesn't glow then it's not your element."
Back to top Go down
Chupas

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 am

Will remembers a little bit of magical education from his childhood, but can't remember which element he had. "All I wanted to know back then was how to transform..." Will spoke to himself quietly. He sits patiently in his seat and stares at the samples, thinking carefully while waiting for his turn with the crystal. "What magic is used to transform?" He asks.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:04 am

Fascino walked over to Will to better answer his question. "It depends on the type of transformation," He said as he pointed at Will's arm. "Transformation is often considered part of Physical magic, but you can use the water element." Fascino picked up the bowl of water. "Most bodies are made up primarily of water. Blood, skin, muscle, tendons, organs, everything requires water to help keep it in a healthy state."

"There are some creatures that use a combination of air, light, and water to transform." Fascino looked over at Ethril who was showing Kitty how to test for her element. "Transforming will be part of the later lesson focused on Physical magic." With that Fascino handed over an extra crystal for Will to use.
Back to top Go down
Azu-Nyaa

Azu-Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:28 am

Azu jumped excitedly. She saw the crystal. "Oh!! Is that the crystal that you tested on me, Mister?" Azu asked loudly.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:46 am

Kitty gazed at the objects in front of her, then at the crysal in her hand. Then a dreadful thought crossed her mind.

"what if..." She paused, considering her question. "what if you dont have an element?"
She looked over her choices again. They were all interesting if you thought of them, but none of them really popped out at her.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Fascino turned to look at Azu. "Yes, this is the crystal I used to test on you. It is called a 'core crystal'. A core crystal can be programed with different tasks or spells. It is possible to even use one to seal souls into." He saw Ethril's ear twitch at that remark. "Right now these are simply for testing purposes."

~

"Nonsense, everyone has an element! Even people who don't have magical talent have an element." Ethril said reassuringly. "I had a friend once who didn't have any magical talent to speak of, but she loved to swim. She'd skip class just so she could be in water. I think if she could have learned how to breathe under water, she would have." Ethril smiled. "Her element was water because of how much she loved it."

"Sometimes people are more aligned to a sub element like ice or lightening. If that's the case then we have to just find the primary element the sub element is connected too." Ethril said reassuringly.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Kitty picked up a rock, and closed her fingers around the smooth surface. Closing her eyes, she concentrated only on the rock.
smooth, round, grey, cool surface, rocks can make sand, heavy... she opened her eyes and stared at the crystal. A incredibly dim glow outlined it.
"I guess thats a no." Kitty said.
Back to top Go down
Ethril

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Ethril smiled encouragingly. "Just keep trying Kitty! You'll find your element!" She didn't really see Kitty as the 'earth' kind of person anyway. Even so, the dim glow could mean a secondary element, it was something to keep in mind as Kitty tried the other elements.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Middle
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Kitty then picked up the feather, and unfortunately got the same results.
"Are they all supposed to do this?" she said, picking up the candlestick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic 101 - Elemental testing   Magic 101 - Elemental testing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic 101 - Elemental testing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OC Academy :: Classrooms :: Magic-
Jump to: